Weare : Rights of Way / Footpaths
According to the data on the Somerset Explore website there are 38 footpaths in the parish.
The rights of way / footpaths can be seen on the following :
1. Somerset County Council Explore Somerset site This site also enables people to report problems with any right of way in Somerset.
2. Ordnance Survey :
a) Landranger series 1:50,000 scale map 182, Weston super Mare (Bridgwater & Wells)
b) More useful for walking, Explorer Series 1:25,000 scale map 141 Cheddar Gorge & Mendip Hills West - Wells & Glastonbury
c) Both scales available on line using the OS Maps App This also acts as a GPS and shows you where you are.
3. Obtain your own MiniMap on water-resistant paper at either 1:50,000 or 1:25,000 scale, see the Minimap site for personalised, pocket-size, water resistant ordnance survey walking maps.
Some suggestions for mostly circulars walks from Weare starting and finishing, for convenience, at the Church.
Weare 1 Circular: Brinscombe Hill, Washbrook, Ashton, Chapel Allerton, Coombe Lane
Weare 2 Circular: School, Badgworth Church, Badgworth Lane, Mill Lane, Coombe Lane
Weare 3 Circular: Brinscombe Hill, Alston Sutton, Coombe Lane
Weare 4 Circular: Brinscombe Hill, Crickham Elm Farm, Clewer, Broadmoor Drove, Cradle Bridge, Splott
Weare 5 Circular: Brinscombe Hill, Crickham Elm Farm, Perrow Lane, Perrow Farm, Brinscombe Lane, Stream Farm
Weare 6 Linear: A shopping trip across the fields. Weare to Kitchen Store, Valley Smokehouse, Stone Allerton return to Weare by same route or slight diversion from the end of Mill Lane.
These walks are also available freely for Premium Users via the OS App with the same names.
If you wish to walk slightly further away :
- on the Mendips, there are some walks detailed on the Mendip Hills AONB website
- on the Quantocks there are some downloadable walks detailed on the Quantock Hills website
- the Strawberry Line, a former railway line, is generally traffic free, and is also part of NCN 26, click here for details of this cycle route
With thanks to Ian King for suggesting this page, and for providing the of the information.